Barriers to Using Fundraising DataAug 10, 2022
There is a vast difference between collecting data and actually using it.
Most nonprofit organizations understand the importance of data but a majority of them struggle to tap its full potential.
The five primary barriers to using prospect and donor data to reach fundraising goals are:
- Data that is dirty and unorganized.
- Lack of donor management system skills.
- Low confidence in data quality and integrity.
- Organizational leadership that does not prioritize data.
- A fundraising data team that feels overworked and exhausted because of the first four.
Do any of these apply to you and your organization?
Take one small step in addressing one of these data hurdles today.
Sign up to receive my weekly email with fresh takes, advice, & tips on building a one-person business, nonprofit fundraising, and fundraising data.