A Warm Welcome...BackJul 07, 2021
Many nonprofit organizations started their new fiscal year last week. As your team works hard to close out 2021, let's take a quick look back at past donors who didn't have a chance to give during this period.
There's an easy way to do this in Raiser's Edge NXT. Follow these steps to generate some quick support, start your fiscal year off right, and attack your fundraising goals at the top of your fiscal year.
1. Run a LYBUNT Report (located in database view Reports>Analytical>, using the date "Last Fiscal Year" (adjust the date range to your needs). Be sure to check the box "Create Constituent output query" located in the lower left-hand corner of the General tab (this will create a static query). Make any other adjustments to this report as needed.
2. After you click the "Preview" button for the report, save the static constituent query with a name you will remember.
3. Build a new Constituent List in web view starting with the static query you just created with the report from database view. Filter and adjust this list as necessary.
4. Design a new email in Marketing Email and be sure to include a strong ask and a donation button that is linked to a donation form.
5. Make your message simple, but be sure to let your LYBUNT donors know in your own unique way how much their support means and that you miss them.
6. Attach the list you created in step three to your new fundraising email and adjust email address type as needed.
7. Send the email immediately or schedule it to send at a later date.
8. Bonus tip - filter your Constituent List by Campaign, Fund, or Appeal and/or Total Giving to segment your donors and target your message in multiple emails.
We focused on the top of the fiscal year here, but you can of course do this anytime during the year. You'll most certainly want to add this to your to-do list for the end of every fiscal year.
Although we looked at this process through the lens of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT, the same principles along with a similar process apply to most other donor management systems on the market today.
Do this today. It's easy, effective, and quick. You won't regret it and you're board of directors will love you.
Sign up to receive my weekly email with fresh takes, advice, & tips on building a one-person business, nonprofit fundraising, and fundraising data.